Gull Lake Country Club
May 1st & 2nd, 2021
April 28th, 2021 6pm
Shawn Boyd Spring Shootout
May 22nd & 23rd, 2021
May 19th, 2021 6pm
Dan Parker Team Challenge
Bedford Valley/Stoatin Brae
July 10th & 11th, 2021
July 7th, 2021 6pm
GKGA Points Race
Aug 29th, 2021
August 25th, 2021 6pm
GKGA Fall Medal
Sept 25th & 26th, 2021
Sept 22nd, 2021 6pm
GKGA Shawn Boyd Spring Shootout entry form is now Live! GKGA Shawn Boyd Memorial Shootout Entry Form
Dear GKGA Competitors, First, we greatly appreciate your continued support and participation in our annual event schedule. We are grateful and excited that we are
Time Player Round 1 Score Round 2 Starting Hole Division 8:30AM Ernie Watson 71 1A Senior 8:30AM Bill Anderson 72 1A Senior 8:30AM Tim Klunder
Time Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Division 12:00 Carl Kupres Bill Anderson Greg Raklovits Senior 12:10 Eric Cleasby George Kremer Ernie Watson
What To Expect when you Participate
We try to make it as easy as possible to be a part of our events.
We collect your names, handicap (for grouping purposes), age group (for divisions qualification), email address (to send Tee Times and Notifications), Mobile Number (should there be an issue with your email or to quickly notify you in the event of an emergency), address (to snail mail out prizes), and other minor information.
How to Register:
- Complete the Tournament Form by Due Date (6pm Wednesday before each Tournament)
- Upon Submission you will be sent to Paypal.com for payment.The GKGA can not view credit card details and information.
- Paypal accepts
- Credit / Debit Card
- Linked Bank Account
- Paypal Balance
- The creation of a PayPal account is unnecessary but useful.
- Paypal accepts
- You will receive an email from PayPal on successful payment.
- You will receive an email from GKGA confirming the successful entry
- You MUST receive two emails (one from PayPal and one from the GKGA) to confirm a successful entry
Questions? Please Email GKGA
- Is calculated from a formula based on the number of players in each division of the Tournament
- All entry costs are paid out to winners as Gift Cards for the Golf Course that hosts the Tournament.
- There optional cash-only Skins events.
- They are divided into the Open and Senior Divisions
- It is paid out in cash at on Sunday for Saturdays match, or at the end of Sunday.
- In the past, due to Covid, we were able to Paypal your Skins winnings should you have a registered Paypal account.
- We do not use other means of payment mechanisms such as Venmo, ApplePay, or GooglePay.
Tournament Rules are emailed out to the competitors before the event.
The GKGA abides by current USGA rules.
Some tournaments may have Local Rules so be sure to read the Tournament Rules before the even and email TournamentDirector@gkga.net if you have questions
Special considerations may be listed in the Tournament Rules based on Michigan Health Department regulations.
**By participating in a GKGA tournament you agree to release the GKGA from any liability in case of injury or illness as a result of participation.**
The Health and Safety of our Competitors are important to us.
Each Tournament Rules and Setup will be based on the current Michigan Executive Order at time of competition:
- There may be different pairing and tee-time alternatives ie Two-somes vs Three-somes, off both nines, etc
- Cups may be inverted, half-filled with foam or use a device to assist in no touch of flagstick to retrieve the golf ball.
- Expect some delays due to various physical distancing considerations
Accurate player count is critical as we commit the player counts to the course at the tournament deadline.
Refunds are only given for the specific circumstances
- During the Registration period of that Tournament (up to Wed 6pm before the tournament)
- If you show signs of the Flu, Body Aches, or Coughing before the Tournament, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
- A Medical condition forces you to withdraw.
Greater Kalamazoo Golf Association
Kalamazoo has had a rich history in tournament golf hosting the Match Play (1929), Spring Medal (1957), Fall Medal (1971) and The Dan Parker Two Man Best Ball (1991).
The GKGA was officially established early in the 90’s. Our mission is to foster competitive golf by making available Amateur Tournaments to golfers in the local region.
Every year we hold 6 at popular and prestigious Private and Public courses in South West Michigan.
If you’ve ever dreamt of improving your game and sharpening your skills, there is no better way than to compete. Our events are both fun and competitive. We bring in hundreds of players from around the region and beyond.
Please consider joining our Mailing List at the bottom of our pages to keep abreast of our tournament news and
Like and Follow our Facebook Page for latest information too!