The GKGA Dan Parker Four Ball tournament is named after one of the best amateur golfers in the Kalamazoo area during the 1970’s and 80’s. Using Milham Park as his home course, Dan won many events including four Milham Park Club Championships from 1972 to 1978. He also won a Kalamazoo County Amateur, a GKGA Spring Medal and a GKGA Fall Medal in the 1980’s. During his heyday, Dan shot a 63 at Milham Park to establish a course record.
Besides being an elite golfer, Dan was known for his kind demeanor and good sportsmanship.
Dan was also an avid fisherman and it was during a fishing trip on Lake Michigan in 1994, he tragically lost his life after his boat capsized. To honor Dan, the GKGA Best-Ball tournament was named in his memory.
This a TWO DAY 36 Hole Two-Person Team Best-Ball Play. There is a Senior Division (50 years of age and older) and Open Division. The Open Division will play the tips and the Senior Division will play (1 up).
- Tournament Director: Tom Eberhard , Chris Lim
- Course: Bedford Valley (Day 1), Stoatin Brae(Day 2)
- Date: July 9th & 10th, 2022
- TeeTimes: Starting at 9:00am
- Format: 36 Hole Two-Person Team Best-Ball Play
- Pricing: $150/player includes cart for Both Days
- There will be two par-3 contests for both divisions on both days.
- THERE IS A TEAMS LIMIT OF 40 Teams for this event. Register soon to avoid disappointment!
- $20.00 per competitor for the skins game. This covers both days and you must get in both days to be in the skins game. Cash Only.
Slow play will NOT be tolerated. Teams falling behind on holes will be penalized or disqualified for the following day.
By participating in a GKGA tournament you agree to abide by Tournament Rules (see "What To Expect" below) and release the GKGA from any liability in case of injury or illness as a result of participation.
Tournament Registration OPENS roughly 4 weeks before event date and CLOSES AUTOMATICALLY at 6pm on the Wednesday before the tournament.
Tee Times are generally published the following day.
We’re sorry the current date is outside of the registration deadline. Registration opens 1 month before the registration deadline due to possible changes of venue and dates. If you would like to see if you can apply for an exception please email [email protected]
What To Expect when you Participate
We try to make it as easy as possible to be a part of our events.
We collect your names, handicap (for grouping purposes), age group (for divisions qualification), email address (to send Tee Times and Notifications), Mobile Number (should there be an issue with your email or to quickly notify you in the event of an emergency), address (to snail mail out prizes), and other minor information.
How to Register:
- Complete the Tournament Form by Due Date (6pm Wednesday before each Tournament)
- Upon Submission you will be sent to Paypal.com for payment.The GKGA does not have a way to see your credit card information.
- Paypal accepts
- Credit / Debit Card
- Linked Bank Account
- Paypal Balance
- The creation of a PayPal account is unnecessary but useful.
- Paypal accepts
- You will receive an email from PayPal on successful payment.
- You will receive an email from GKGA confirming the successful entry
- You MUST receive two emails (one from PayPal and one from the GKGA) to confirm a successful entry
Questions? Please Email GKGA
- Is calculated from a formula based on the number of players in each division of the Tournament
- All entry costs are paid out to winners as Gift Cards for the Golf Course that hosts the Tournament.
- There optional cash-only Skins events.
- They are divided into the Open and Senior Divisions
- It is paid out in cash at on Sunday for Saturdays match, or at the end of Sunday.
- In the past, due to Covid, we were able to Paypal your Skins winnings should you have a registered Paypal account.
- We do not use other means of payment mechanisms such as Venmo, ApplePay, or GooglePay.
Tournament Rules are emailed out to the competitors before the event.
The GKGA abides by current USGA rules.
Some tournaments may have Local Rules so be sure to read the Tournament Rules before the even and email [email protected] if you have questions
Special considerations may be listed in the Tournament Rules based on Michigan Health Department regulations.
**By participating in a GKGA tournament you agree to release the GKGA from any liability in case of injury or illness as a result of participation.**
The Health and Safety of our Competitors are important to us.
Each Tournament Rules and Setup will be based on the current Michigan Executive Order at time of competition:
- There may be different pairing and tee-time alternatives ie Two-somes vs Three-somes, off both nines, etc
- Cups may be inverted, half-filled with foam or use a device to assist in no touch of flagstick to retrieve the golf ball.
- Expect some delays due to various physical distancing considerations
Accurate player count is critical as we commit the player counts to the course at the tournament deadline.
Refunds are only given for the specific circumstances
- During the Registration period of that Tournament (up to Wed 6pm before the tournament)
- If you show signs of the Flu, Body Aches, or Coughing before the Tournament, please email [email protected] ASAP
- A Medical condition forces you to withdraw.