The GKGA Finale tournament.
The GKGA Finale is our season ending event. You must qualify to participate
Top X in GKGA points standings in each division at the conclusion of the Fall Medal will be invited to compete in the season ending GKGA Finale.
This will be a one day, two man competition in which competitors will play for a large prize pool. The prizes will be weighted to the top 6 finishers in this tournament and all competitors will be guaranteed at least a $50 prize.
- 18 holes team event.
- The number one seed in the Open Division will be paired with the number 12 in the Senior Division and will continue this format so that number one Senior is with number 12 Open player.
- First nine holes are best ball and the last nine holes are Pinehurst.
- Each Qualifier will receive a personal invite to this contest which will include the link to this form and the password to register for the event.
- In the event that a qualifier is unable to play the event, the next ranked player will be offered that opportunity.
- winners and gift certificates handed out immediately after the round- all ties will be broken by USGA card match back method.
There will be a social gathering after the event at the venue in which competitors are invited to gather and have some season ending cheer.
- Tournament Directors : Mike Fitzstephens
Date: June 2022
Fee – Qualifiers pay $80 to enter. This includes green fees, cart and prizes.
- $20.00 per competitor for the skins game. This covers both days and you must get in both days to be in the skins game.
Slow play will NOT be tolerated. Teams falling behind on holes will be penalized or disqualified for the following day.
By participating in a GKGA tournament you agree to abide by Tournament Rules (see "What To Expect" below) and release the GKGA from any liability in case of injury or illness as a result of participation.
Tournament Registration OPENS roughly 4 weeks before event date and CLOSES AUTOMATICALLY at 6pm on the Wednesday before the tournament.
What To Expect when you Participate
We try to make it as easy as possible to be a part of our events.
We collect your names, handicap (for grouping purposes), age group (for divisions qualification), email address (to send Tee Times and Notifications), Mobile Number (should there be an issue with your email or to quickly notify you in the event of an emergency), address (to snail mail out prizes), and other minor information.
How to Register:
- Complete the Tournament Form by Due Date (6pm Wednesday before each Tournament)
- Upon Submission you will be sent to Paypal.com for payment.The GKGA does not have a way to see your credit card information.
- Paypal accepts
- Credit / Debit Card
- Linked Bank Account
- Paypal Balance
- The creation of a PayPal account is unnecessary but useful.
- Paypal accepts
- You will receive an email from PayPal on successful payment.
- You will receive an email from GKGA confirming the successful entry
- You MUST receive two emails (one from PayPal and one from the GKGA) to confirm a successful entry
Questions? Please Email GKGA
- Is calculated from a formula based on the number of players in each division of the Tournament
- All entry costs are paid out to winners as Gift Cards for the Golf Course that hosts the Tournament.
- There optional cash-only Skins events.
- They are divided into the Open and Senior Divisions
- It is paid out in cash at on Sunday for Saturdays match, or at the end of Sunday.
- In the past, due to Covid, we were able to Paypal your Skins winnings should you have a registered Paypal account.
- We do not use other means of payment mechanisms such as Venmo, ApplePay, or GooglePay.
Tournament Rules are emailed out to the competitors before the event.
The GKGA abides by current USGA rules.
Some tournaments may have Local Rules so be sure to read the Tournament Rules before the even and email [email protected] if you have questions
Special considerations may be listed in the Tournament Rules based on Michigan Health Department regulations.
**By participating in a GKGA tournament you agree to release the GKGA from any liability in case of injury or illness as a result of participation.**
The Health and Safety of our Competitors are important to us.
Each Tournament Rules and Setup will be based on the current Michigan Executive Order at time of competition:
- There may be different pairing and tee-time alternatives ie Two-somes vs Three-somes, off both nines, etc
- Cups may be inverted, half-filled with foam or use a device to assist in no touch of flagstick to retrieve the golf ball.
- Expect some delays due to various physical distancing considerations
Accurate player count is critical as we commit the player counts to the course at the tournament deadline.
Refunds are only given for the specific circumstances
- During the Registration period of that Tournament (up to Wed 6pm before the tournament)
- If you show signs of the Flu, Body Aches, or Coughing before the Tournament, please email [email protected] ASAP
- A Medical condition forces you to withdraw.